Blank pages stare at me; I wonder if I can get this post written before leaving for work this morning. Okay, what’s the blog about- Free Writing/Free Association. Yes! That is the answer to this blank page- this mental blank drawn in the face of time constraints. Free Writing. It’s an excellent avenue to explore when an empty page stares you down like a bandit in an alley out to take your livelihood for a ride or empty your pockets and leave you standing naked. Exposed. Like prose.
Exposed. Thinking. Do I want to be exposed? Do I want to feel exposed? Can I truly write whatever comes to mind, truly. I’m really thinking about this trying to answer a question. Stop. Think. Naked. Where it’s at. Word association and Free writing can complement one another. Work hand in hand. Aid the writer in discovery, exploring possibles, finding what’s behind the façade. Do we trust ourselves enough to be honest with ourselves? Are we afraid of what we might find? If we let our thoughts flow freely into word possibilities or question possibles, will we surrender self-control; that self-control? Restrictive.
Restrictive. Let your tongue move freely and your fingers glide across the keyboard as you uncover things about yourself that even you didn’t know were there. There is a box with a hidden dream inside waiting for you to open; all you need to do is begin. Let the words flow and begin your journey. Yes. Begin. Free Writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment